1) Meeting people and making friends from around the world.
2) Taking part in all kinds of writing challenges that force me to get out of my comfort zone and stretch myself as a writer.
3) Opportunities to share my thoughts and beliefs with people I’d never have a chance to communicate with through any other medium.
4) Communicating with other extraordinarily creative people. Creativity begets creativity, so my own creative gifts are strengthened and stretched by that communication.
5) Opportunities to present some of my work and receive honest feedback from my peers.
6) Opportunities to lift and lighten someone else’s day by positive things I’m able to share.
7) Opportunities to make myself available to other writers and artists who would like to draw from my years of experience in the field of journalism and literature.
I’d be delighted to hear from some of the rest of you about why you love blogging. Just post your thoughts in the “Comments” section below — or if you want to write a whole post on your own site, you can share the link to it.